I finally completed my Reader’s Notebooks today. I wanted to make tabs to separate the three sections, but I wasn’t sure how to make tabs that wouldn’t be destroyed by my students. After a lot of thought, I decided to use three colors of card stock to create “dividers.” After printing information on each sheet, I folded it in half and glued it on a sheet of paper in the composition book.
The first section is where the students will record notes about the books I read to the class during Reader’s Workshop. They will record the focus skill and any necessary anchor charts.
The second section is where the students will take notes on the books they read independently in class. There is also a spot where they can record the AR quiz score they earned.
I can't wait to see how these work out in my classroom this year.