Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Two For and Tried It Tuesday


I’m back for another Two for Tuesday.  I hope you’ve been able to stock up on some great items for the new school year at 50% off thanks to the great link up hosted by The Teaching Tribune.
The items I have chosen from my store to mark down 50% are my Silent Hand Signal Posters. I have updated my Silent Hand Signal Posters to work in a variety of classroom decors.  I have also included two font choices in each set of posters. This packet includes posters that allow your students to silently communicate the following:
May I use the restroom?
May I get a drink of water?
May I get a tissue?
I have a question.
I have a comment.
I know the answer.
I agree.
I want to volunteer.
Click on any of the color options below to get a set of posters for just $1. 




I am also linking up with Holly at Fourth Grade Flipper for Tried it Tuesday because I have been using hand signals in my own classroom for the past four years. I don’t know how I survived without them. I love how my students and I are able to communicate basic needs and wants without using our voices. I am able to respond to my students’ signals with a simple nod or shake of the head without interrupting the rest of the students. This especially comes in handy when I am working with a small group of students or during test times. The signals that I use are inspired by New Management’s posters. I have tweaked them to be based on the American Sign Language alphabet.

1 comment:

  1. The tweaks make some sense, unless you actually know ASL. For example, the letter t, shaken slightly from side to side, is the ASL sign for "toilet". It's a ery unfortunately choice for "tissue". ;-(

    ReplyDelete

Search

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs