Saturday, February 1, 2014

Slim Down Saturday Update....February 1st


Happy Saturday and first day of February! I am linking up with Gina for Slim Down Saturdays.  
If you aren't linking up with us, you should.  It's a great motivator and support system.

Ultimate goal: I am a little over halfway to my goal of losing 15 pounds before my wedding in April.  I’ve been spending most of my time at the gym doing cardio, but I am going to start increasing my weight lifting time and focus on my arms.
Gain/Loss for the week: I thought for sure I had gained this week, so I was pleasantly surprised that I lost a pound. 
Total since starting: I am down 8 pounds which is an average of 2 pounds of weight loss each week. 
Positives form the week: I woke up early Thursday and made it to a 6:00 A.M. spin class.  It felt great to start the day like that.  I will try to make it to at least one morning class a week.
Something to do better: I’ve still been falling asleep on the couch and then struggling to fall back asleep once in bed.  So this week I still need to work on getting more consistent sleep by getting into bed before falling asleep.
Goal for next week: I feel so much better after I work out, so my goal this week is to work out every day this week.
One word: “Balance: This week I struggled with finding balance between work, family, friends, and me.  I need to focus on my own health by eating healthy and working out, but I also need to make time for family and friends. Indulging every once in awhile is okay.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren! Congrats on being half-way to your goal! I get close to my goal weight and then I seem to sabotage myself the following week...grrrrr....I am my own worst enemy!! Way to go with morning workouts - I REALLY want to be a morning person. A few years back I was consistently working out in the morning with a friend and it was so great getting it done for the day! What are your tricks for getting out of bed...that is the hardest part for me!

    Kate :)
    McDee's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no magic pill. There is only sensible eating and exercise (to do the toning and help speed up weight loss).
    I am doing the program I found at http://inshapenow.net and loving the results.
    You can too. It's just for women so we can get the lean, sexy body we have always wanted. Come be supported by 100s of members that have done this or are doing this system.

    To your weight loss success!

    ReplyDelete

Search

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs