Saturday, August 2, 2014

Currently: August


I am a day late, but I am linking up with Farley for this month’s Currently.  I cannot believe that it is August already.  Didn’t we just get out of school for the summer? I trying to savor my last moments of summer. 



Listening: Our pit, Guinness, is the biggest baby and loves to fall asleep on me.
Loving: My mom and 15 year old brother are coming up for a quick visit this week. I miss living close to them, but so glad we are only a 5 hour drive away instead of 3 day drive.
Thinking: I have a to-do list a mile long to complete school starts.  I haven’t been in my classroom yet, so I have a lot to do.  I was part of a curriculum planning team this past week, so I was on campus but not doing any work in my own classroom. 
Wanting: I only have 5 days to work in my classroom before we leave on vacation, so I would love to have a magic wand to use to make everything Pinterest-worthy.
Needing: I am always a last-minute packer, which drives my husband crazy.  We leave for Mexico a week from tomorrow, so I should start packing now.  At least it’s easy packing…bathing suits, sandals, and sun dresses. 
1st Day: The students come back to school on August 25th.  We have to report back to school on the 18th for staff meetings and trainings.  There really isn’t any time available for working in our classrooms that week, so I have to get it done this week. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren! My name is Kristin and I am new to the blogging world. This is my first "Currently" that I am linking up with. Your wanting is so very similar to my wanting. I was wanting to have I Dream of Jeannie superpowers so that I could fold my arms, nod, blink, and have everything I want done finished. SIGH...wouldn't that be life? I do envy you for having an extra week than me on getting things prepared for the first day. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristin! Wouldn't that be great?!? I love the look of a finished classroom, but the initial stages are torture. There is so much to do. Good luck getting your room ready.
      Lauren

      Delete
  2. Lauren if you find that magic wand please send it my way! I just moved out of my old classroom and will move into my new room tomorrow. Not looking forward to unpacking all my boxes. Have fun in Mexico!! What part of Mexico will you be visiting?
    Chelsea
    Fifth Grade Wit and
    Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chelsea! I know the feeling of moving classrooms...I've done it 8 times! Good luck getting your new room set up to your preferences. My husband and I will be going to Puerto Vallarta.
      Lauren

      Delete

Search

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs