Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Sunday Scoop: October 5th



It’s Sunday, so I am linking up with The Teaching Trio for Sunday Scoop. 

Last week, I had hoped to blog at least two times in a week.  Thanks to Farley’s Currently and Five for Friday, I was able to meet that goal.  I am striving to post at least two times again this week.  I spent yesterday visiting four families, and it was amazing!  I hope to visit all of my families before report card conferences in December.  It’s been a great way to get to know my students and their families.  I think I will have a lot more parent involvement because of these visits. I need to get to work on my guided reading lesson plans so that I can spend the rest of the day watching football with my husband and his brother who is in town for the weekend. 

4 comments:

  1. I like your blogging goals! I need to set one for myself. Visiting with your student's families sounds like an amazing way to get to know them. Have a great day!
    Michele
    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele! I am really loving the home visits, and I can already see a difference in some of my students. Now to get into the houses of my most challenging students.

      Delete
  2. I should do the same regarding lesson planning. Im always sitting here on Sundays...

    Lisa
    LisaTeachR'sClassroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! Even though I was able to get ahead on my lesson plans, I still found something else to work on for my classroom…oh the life of a teacher.

      Delete

Search

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs