Saturday, October 6, 2012

I'm Back...with a Few Freebies


Let me start off by apologizing for being such a terrible blogger.  I find the time each night to blog stalk, but can’t seem to find the time to post on my own blog.  Now that the school year is in full swing, my goal will be to post at least twice a week. Hopefully, I can stick to this goal.  Our first quarter is winding down and I am preparing for the next month when we will begin our focus on multiplication, nonfiction text features, and animal reports. I was so excited to find some great resources to use including:

Boo in the Zoo: A Halloween Themed Animal Unit” from Ginger at Ginger Snaps to begin our focus on animal characteristics and writing an animal report. 

Voyage to the Volcano: A Novel Study”  also from Ginger at Ginger Snaps to focus on nonfiction text features in small groups. I was able to find the book for less than $3 from Scholastic, so I bought 7 copies.

Candy Corn Fact Families” from Jodi at Clutter-Free Classroom for an engaging way to introduce multiplication and division fact families.  What kid  doesn't love candy corn?

I have also created several items that I would like to share with you for FREE! I am still debating starting my own store, so I would appreciate any comments on these files. 
First, I created a Multiplication Booklet that includes fact family houses and skip counting activity for each fact.  I printed it as a booklet to save on paper (only 6 pages per student).



The second file is a set of task cards for building arrays. Your students can use square tiles or Cheez-its (for a little edible fun).

Lastly, I have a sort for rules and laws.  This concept is difficult for third graders to grasp, so I hope the visuals and kinesthetic act of sorting helps.

I am planning to join Amanda at Teaching Maddeness next Friday for her Friday Flashback, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lauren!

    Thanks so much for the freebies! My students are struggling with multiplication and I think your activities will really help them!

    --jen

    ps: you should definitely open a store--you have great ideas!! thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete

Search

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs