Friday, January 10, 2014

Five for Friday


It’s finally Friday! Unlike many teachers across the country, I had a full 5-day week with students this week.  I am exhausted, but I am impressed at all we were able to accomplish this week.  I am linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday.



 
We began studying camouflage this week.  I got this idea from Amanda at One Extra Degree, and it turned out even better than I imagined.  I was so impressed with how precise some of my students were when “camouflaging” their butterflies in our classroom.  These are just a few of the butterflies that are hiding around our classroom.




  
Thanks to some amazing donors (through Donors Choose), my students now have brand-new sports equipment to use.  It was like Christmas again when I showed my students the new equipment.  They were so thankful and wrote adorable thank you cards.  I can’t wait to incorporate the new equipment into my P.E. lessons too.


Patricia Polacco is one of my (and my students’) favorite authors.  This week I read Thunder Cake to my students, and focused on sequence of events.  My students worked in groups to put the events of the story back in order.  They did such a great job working as a team!






The reward for all their hard work was making thunder cake in the crock pot.  Thank you to Amanda at Teaching Maddeness for the recipe.  As you can tell, my students loved it! I love how these two kiddos used their napkins as bibs….too cute!


Finally, I am excited to share my new avatar.  I have long been a fan of KPM Doodles’ clipart.  Kirsten made this great custom avatar for me.  I’m not sure exactly how I’ll use it, but I think it turned out great.  I hope everyone has an amazing weekend!





1 comment:

  1. That avatar is adorable! It was so great to meet you! Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete

Search

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs