Saturday, July 28, 2012

First Day Jitters Blog Hop


I am joining Ashley from Fierce in Fourth for her First Day Jitters blog hop.  Three things that I am nervous about for this school year are:

1.      New school – I should be used to being the new teacher on campus because this will be my 7th school in 8 years of teaching, but I am still nervous about getting used to a new school, staff, and school culture. I also found out that the other third grade teacher will be a new hire as well since the original teacher has decided to move and go back to grad school.

2.  Montessori – My new school is a public Montessori, and I have no official training in the Montessori methods.  I have been reading up as much as I can this summer, but I still do not feel prepared for this new learning model. I am excited to see how the students learn through the different methods.

3.  Common Core – Our school is implementing the Common Core standards a year earlier than the rest of the state, so we will not be attending any district training until next year.  I am so thankful to all the teachers who have posted their Common Core resources on TpT.  They will be a lifesaver during this first year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs