Monday, July 23, 2012

Transitioning from Blog-stalking to Blog-writing

This summer I have spent hours pinning, blog-stalking, and creating items for my classroom.  Now I am finally spending the time to sit down and begin writing my own blog.  I am a third grade teacher in Louisiana, but am a California-native.  I have a lot of experience setting up classrooms and learning new curriculums because over the past eight years I have taught 2 different grades (third and fourth) in seven different schools.  This school year I will be teaching third grade at a public Montessori school, so I have spent a good portion of my summer learning about the Montessori philosophy and methods.  My school is also transitioning to the Common Core standards this year, and I am so grateful for all the teachers out there who have shared their Common Core resources.  I hope to begin sharing my own Common Core resources soon...keep posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs