Saturday, June 28, 2014

Five for Fraturday and Saturday Snapshots


Happy Saturday! I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday (a day late) as well as Run Miss Nelson’s got the Camera for Saturday Snapshots. 
 

I finally feel like I’ve had a chance to slow down, catch up on sleep, and blog after a whirlwind two weeks. Here’s a little glimpse at what I’ve been up to:

Last Wednesday, my husband and I flew to the east coast for a friend’s wedding.  We decided to extend our trip by a couple days to do some sightseeing in Washington, D.C. 


This was not our first time in D.C., but it was our first time seeing the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial.  It was awe-inspiring! The detail was amazing.if you haven’t seen it in person yet, you should.



We walked around to see all of the monuments.here we are in front of the Lincoln Memorial.








Being at our friend's wedding definitely brought back great memories of our own wedding...it was only 2 months ago.  So I thought I'd share a couple new photos of that great day. 



On the teaching front, Miss McDonald and I are talking about having a Bay Area Blogger Meet Up.  If you live in the San Francisco Bay Area (or within driving distance) and are interested in getting together and sharing great conversation and ideas with other teacher bloggers, let us know. If you are interested, you can comment below or email me at laurendewees@gmail.com or Miss McDonald at missmcdonaldsmemoirs@gmail.com.


Have a great weekend!


10 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun trip to DC!! I went to school there, and a piece of my heart lives there! :o) Love the wedding photos!
    Emily
    Munchkins Inc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! DC is a great place to visit...there's so much to see I would need weeks to see everything.

      Delete
  2. Happy wedding...two months ago. How did I miss that??? You look so happy! I haven't been to D.C. in YEARS!!!!! I would love to go again now that I'm older and would actually appreciate it more.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes Alison! I haven't been on this blog very frequently this year with all the wedding stuff, but I am focused on blogging more this summer. As a teacher, I get so much more out of sightseeing than I did when I was younger. I often act as a tour guide for my husband. He's a pretty good sport about it.

      Delete
  3. Your pictures are great! Happy wedding to you and your husband. You look so beautiful! I wish I could go back to D.C. I haven't been there in so long, and really want to go back now as an adult. I think that I would get so much more out of it!
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana! We had a great wedding day with our family and friends. I highly recommend going back to D.C. It is amazing what we notice as teachers that we didn't as kids.

      Delete
  4. Loved your pictures. Thanks for sharing and linking up. I've never been to D.C. but its on my list of things to do. Your wedding picture was so pretty. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I plan on borrowing my husband's fancy camera to take some better photos for next week's link up. I would definitely recommend taking a trip to D.C. We stayed at a hotel within walking distance of all the monuments, so we didn't have to deal with the crazy D.C. traffic.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on being newly married! I've always wanted to head to D.C! So much history to take in in that area. I wish I was closer to the Bay area (I'm in Southern CA) I would love to attend your meet up! Have fun!

    Chelsea
    Fifth Grade Wit and
    Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the well wishes Chelsea! I highly recommend taking a trip to D.C., especially since you teach 5th grade. There is so much to see and learn. I used to teach in Southern California for my first 6 years. Too bad you aren't closer...I love to meet up with other teachers in person. I used to teachCalifornia for my first 6 years.

      Delete

Search

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs