Saturday, January 10, 2015

Slim Down Saturday: January 10th


It’s Saturday, so I am linking up with Gina for Slim Down Saturdays.


Updates:
I am in my second week of the 6-week Love Your Body Challenge through Tone It Up, and I am loving it.  If anyone is looking for workout ideas, you should sign up because it is free!  The workouts,  combined with healthy eating, have helped me to lose 6 pounds since January 1st so far.  I have really enjoyed experimenting with low-carb dinner options that my husband actually enjoys.  This past week, we tried zucchini “noodles,” cauliflower “rice,” parsnip “fries,” and lots of lean protein.  I don’t have any recipes, but let me know if you want any tips.

Something to Do Better:
I have been completing the daily exercises from Tone It Up, but I didn’t always complete all of the sets.  Not only do I want to lose weight, but I want to tone my body. When something gets hard, I tend to give up. That’s what happened this week with the weight training exercises.  I put the weights down or didn’t complete the total number of sets.  I want to do better with this next week. 

Goals:
Last week, I mentioned that I needed to drink more water.  The 8 check off boxes in my calendar really helped keep me on track and ensured that I drank at least 64-oz glasses of water each day. Here are some tips for drinking more water (#1 definitely helps me):

Last week, I completed a 5K in 36 minutes…not a great time, but I did it.  I was able to run the first mile without stopping, which is something I’ve never done.  I have been a “runner” and often stop running when I hit a mental block.  My goal is to run for longer increments and decrease my time this week.

Quote:

Since one of my ultimate goals is to feel comfortable in my skin…this quote really hit home.  I have spent so much of my life disliking what I saw in the mirror, but I am focused on loving my body.

4 comments:

  1. I am checking out that site today for workouts! I have to get back to the gym but I never know how many reps of what to do so maybe that will help. Congrats on the 2 pounds this week AND the changes you made! I have never tried fruit infused water but I am thinking maybe it is something I should give a go one of these days since plain water is so not my thing! Have a great week!

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And congrats on your losing 6 pounds so far!! I’ll have to check out that workout website you reference to see how I can mix up my own workouts during the week. Keep up the great work!

    Kelly
    Sliding Into Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That is so awesome to run a 5k in 36 minutes! Good job and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, looks like you had a rockin' week! Progress in so many areas. There is no way I could run for a whole mile without stopping right now. I do enjoy lifting weights and I think once you have done it a little longer you will find it easier and easier to finish all those reps. Great job with your weight loos, healthy meals and water! Way to go and good luck with your goals this week.

    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete

Search

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs