Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tackle It Tuesday and a Freebie


It’s that time again Tackle it Tuesday with 3 Teacher Chicks.  
This linky party is really helping me stay focused on creating new activities for second grade that meet the Common Core State Standards. This activity focuses on the second grade Common Core Math Standard 2.G.2: I can find the area of a rectangle. My product “Roll to Find the Area,” is an activity that can be used by a small group of students or individual students.  

I love this activity because the students think it is a game because they are using dice and crayons, but it can easily be used for a practice activity or an assessment.  You can also print the activity sheet on cardstock and laminate it or put it in a sheet protector for an activity sheet that can be used over and over again with whiteboard markers. I included two versions of the activity sheet to differentiate.  The first version instructs students to count the squares to find the area of the rectangle.  The second version instructs students to multiply the length times the width to find the area of the rectangle.  
This product will be free all this week, so head over and download it and I hope you will follow my TpT store to be notified when I post new products.  Make sure to check out the other products on Tackle It Tuesday that teachers have created to tackle the Common Core State Standards too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs